About us


History of our department

Organizer of the Department of Ophthalmology, the founder of the educational and medical work was honored worker of science, MD, Professor Alexander G. Trubin (1876-1946). The department was created in 1920 at the Tashkent University of Central Asian, in a former military hospital, where in 1923 a professor turbine AG was organized by the scientific circle ophthalmologists.

Ophthalmology Service of Uzbekistan in those years was a 2 departments with 45 beds, employing 4 ophthalmologist.

In the years 1924-1931 the department in charge of MD, Professor Alexander Murzin (1885-1954). In 1931, the Department of Ophthalmology has been translated to the clinic of eye diseases in the old territory of today’s Tashkent Medical Academy. Along with the improvement of teaching methodologies, A.N. Murzin also founded ophthalmological centers in Karakalpakstan, Khorezm, Kashkadarya and other fields for the treatment of trachoma, conjunctivitis and glaucoma. In 1926 he founded the Scientific Society of Ophthalmologists of Uzbekistan for training young professionals.